Re: lessons about rhythm/patterns needed

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 12:58:37 PST

I am about to do something using the works of Chuck Close and Phil
Silvers. The kids are going to create a composition using strong darks
and lights. The catch is that they will use a grid and instead of just
drawing it they will be using different types of patterns in each box to
create the values. I got the idea from last month's Arts and Activities
magazine.
Never tried it before so I will be doing it myself with the class. Hope
that can help you in some way.
Michele

Rgart58@aol.com wrote:

> I'm working on a unit with 4 lessons, one each for the visual arts
> standards, about cycles/rhythms/patterns.
> I really want to push the limits with the lessons and what better
> place to ask for help than the ArtEd list!
> I have been brainstorming and came up with cycles/phases of nature,
> heartbeats, jumping rope, the musical Stomp, creating visual patterns
> with sound effects.
> I need artists/artwork that has STRONG visual images showing rhythm
> and anything else that you can think.
> Thanks you all your help and support.
> Robin in Va ---
> stardust606@worldnet.att.net