Re: KAEA Conference

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 11:57:35 PST

Marcia, I have to agree that listening to Dr.Jane Bates was AWESOME! I struggled with the concept of DBAE as an entire curriculum and was thrilled to learn that that is just one approach. It was inspiring to learn that today's theories allow one to take several approaches. I am definately going to order her book!
~Michal
  We also had an inspiring keynote speaker in Dr. Jane Bates, professor from Towson University and author of the textbook, Becoming An Art Teacher. As much as we love this textbook, the author is even more awesome. She makes clear so many questions I have wrestled with over my 30 year career as an art teacher.

---