Re: 1st grade drawing people

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 06:51:01 PST

First graders are into "self" so I don't use very many "artists" with them.
Instead, I mainly use illustrators in books they can relate to (if we are
going to draw dogs then I show them Clifford). I break it down for them, but
it seems no matter what you do they will draw it your way in the art room
but draw their own way everywhere else! Here is a link to how I break down
the body for them. It is simple, easy for them to understand and duplicate.
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/kinders/rainyday.html
~Michal