KAEA Conference

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 15:53:50 PDT

I just got home from the KAEA conference in Wichita - Marcia Scurfield sure knows how to put together a great weekend. I learned so much, got so many new ideas, laughed with old friends, made several new ones. Marcia did a fantastic job and deserves a huge KUDOS!

I got to see Woody's painting in the gallery (actually he had two). His website doesn't do them justice! The colors were so intense, yet subtle at the same time. Wonderful!

I got to attend two African workshops - one was primarily projects while the other was more informative about the country and customs and was presented by a woman who has visited yearly for at least 2 years. She had kente cloth for sale, as well as adrinkra stamps (guess who's broke now! ) and she GAVE us all a large chunk of authentic adrinkra cloth.

Thanks fellow Kansas art teachers for another wonderful experience! :-)
~Michal

---