Re: Can we talk?

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 04:10:29 PDT

>Thanks for letting me vent on this one.
>Michele

I heard this past year a situation where a student even receiving
Valedictorian might have other motives for doing well. Over involvement
with athletics, extra curriculars, studying gets the kid away from home
where perhaps they don't want to be for any number of reasons, mainly
abusive parents; alcoholism...you name it. The case where the overachiever
overachieves as an excuse to stay away....feel safe, stay in control.
Crazy....

Larry S.

---