Re: One of those "babysitting type" art shindigs....argh.

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 17:32:48 PDT

Linda
If you were close to Goshen, IN., I would loan you my rabbit. All ages of
children are very responsive to a live animal. Perhaps you know of one to
borrow. It can be a model for drawings and for clay work Older children
can use blinders for drawing. Younger ones are asked to study it, touch
it, feed it, and then draw it and how it moves, add friends, etc. Topic, "
I Am Playing With or Feeding the Rabbit" works well for grade 1 and
younger. Markers, tempera paint, and/or clay are all good. Careful
observation and rendition of proportion and detail is enough for older age.
 If no animal is possible, try some big stuffed animals.
Marvin

At 05:26 AM 10/25/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
> I have ended up in the position of having to spend some time on a
>Saturday hosting children of alumni with an art activity while their
>parents party....here's the situation:
>Only 7 kids have actually been signed up so far, ranging in age from 4 to
>9. Most are 4,5,and 6 year olds, one 9 year old. WHAT do you do with
>such a group??? I think it will almost have to be two separate
>activities to make the 9 year old happy, and to give something age
>appropriate to the little ones. I only have them for an hour. HELP!!
>My forte is long term projects, and I have never taught a 4, 5, or 6 year
>old.
>
>Linda
>
>---

---