Re: Early American Artists

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 17:09:30 PDT

Re: Early American ArtistsDo a search on the web for theorem painting and frakturs. My students made frakturs using parchment paper. They learned calligraphy from a parent who is an expert. She came to my fifth grade classes to teach them. They made birth announcements and wedding announcements for their family members (pets, too). They decorated their frakturs with ink and watercolors.
The theorems were made with stencils made by the children and chalk pastels.
We also made paper quilts, did quilling and made clay decoys.

---