Can we talk?

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 14:47:04 PDT

I just got done with my parent teacher conferences and am exhausted. (We
work all day Thursday, see parents in the evening, then again Friday
afternoon, after a half day of classes.)
What are some parents problems? This one parent comes in, tells me her
child is ranked number 2 in the senior class. Then complains that her
daughter doesn't try hard enough! My God, the kid is number 2! Plus she
is a beautiful young lady who is warm and outgoing. Having talent in art
is a plus too : )
I talked to some of her other teachers and we all agreed. We feel sorry
for this poor girl. I mean can you imagine the pressure on this kid? I
am in such awe of this, it is still bugging me. Anybody else run into
this situation?
Thanks for letting me vent on this one.
Michele

---