Re: "babysitting type" art shindigs...23rd reason to take art

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 08:18:48 PDT

Maybe this job you've been asked to undertake represents the 23rd reason on that list of 22 reasons why we have to take art!
Mark
 linda <lindwood@webtv.net> wrote:Hi,
I have ended up in the position of having to spend some time on a
Saturday hosting children of alumni with an art activity while their
parents party....here's the situation:
Only 7 kids have actually been signed up so far, ranging in age from 4 to
9. Most are 4,5,and 6 year olds, one 9 year old. WHAT do you do with
such a group??? I think it will almost have to be two separate
activities to make the 9 year old happy, and to give something age
appropriate to the little ones. I only have them for an hour. HELP!!
My forte is long term projects, and I have never taught a 4, 5, or 6 year
old.

Linda