Re: careers in art project

---------

From: Kara LiCausi (klicausi_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 05:23:30 PDT

When I was student teaching I did a lesson about careers in art with my 8th graders. I listed about 25 different art careers and the students had to pick from a hat. They then had to do research and answer questions about their career. The class then used the internet to find art schools where they could earn a degree for their career. We wrote letters to the schools asking for more information and they sent us back catalogues and great posters, the students loved recieving mail, and the posters and brochures became a great resource in the classroom.
   I then had the students design an imaginary business card for their particular career. The kids really seemed to enjoy this project. Hope this is helpful!
Kara in Northport

---