Re: Why do we have to take art?

---------

From: Andy DiConti (addphan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 17:31:49 PDT

> We have the same problem also. But what always tickles me is
> when some of these students, and others who choose the band
> route, come to the art teachers for ideas on that science,
> history, or english project where they need visual aides.
>
> Jackie Aust
> Director of Visual Art (K-12)
> Bryan Texas
> austart@bryanisd.org
> ja1997@bryanisd.org
> Fax 979.731.7374
> Voice Mail 979.731.5020

yes, and you can ask them how effective would their projects be in those
academic classes (not that art isn't)if they were not allowed to use
photos, drawings, diagrams, posters, webpages, ART, etc...art makes those
subjects that are abstract much more comprehensible, not to mention more
interesting.

ciao
andy

---