Re: Student Led Conferences

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 13:52:19 PDT

Our middle school has been doing student led cobf for about two years
now. How they work is: students sit with their parents and review their
work. If there is a rubric/assessment, it helps to explain what the
object was. The teacher says "hi" and asks if there are any questions.
For me, my children have always been good about letting me know how and
what they are doing- so it was kind of pointless. This has been my
experience. I, personally, would prefer to just talk with the teacher
I think the reason that they started it was, it was too hard to schedule
everyone in for conf, in the one day allowed. Problem is, if I need to
meet with my child's teacher, I have to take a half day, as they won't
meet after school .
Betsy