art careers- what I do

---------

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jensando_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 13:15:40 PDT

hey- I do an art career project with my middle
schoolers too. I bought these cards from Sax called
Careers for Kids- Art. I give one to each kid and they
have to create a poster about the career on the card.
I made up a handout centered aroudn the cards. The
kids have 2 days to design the poster. I have them
imagine they are advertising exec's and must 'push'
this career to the public.
On the 3rd day, they present thier career to the
class. They really seem to like it. I hang them in the
hall when we are done and the kids in the hallways
always stop and read them.
Hope that helps!
jeannie in georgia