Re: Student Led Conferences

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 07:20:58 PDT

We do this with out 9th and 10th graders - these conferences are actually
wonderful once you get the arrangements with parents done - that is the
hardest part. We have advisory with these students so we train them there
and we work with them in advance. There is a script to follow and usually
the students are very competent. We normally have about 5 per cent of our
parents opt out and I always wonder why?

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---