Why art? Let's remember the day, "A Day Without Art?"

---------

From: Michelle Leddel (leddel_michelle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 05:58:27 PDT

Help us out on "A Day Without Art!"
During the past several years I have become aware of this day, maybe in
December, where organizations have focused on this theme.
At the Getty, for example, objects of art were covered with black fabric
on that day last year.
I can still recall the empty feeling of being in front of an item in the
gallery that was not visable because of the black fabric. As I walked
into another gallery, a painting was covered.
This was through the Getty.
Okay, readers. Help us fill in the blanks so we can ALL have our "A Day
Without Art" this year.

Michelle, at the foot of the Getty Center

---