Re: Ideas for contour line sketch

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 04:53:25 PDT

robin, i'm currently doing portraits with my 6th graders. they're finishing
up with realistic portraits focusing on correct facial proportion, but
before they started putting color in i photocopied the drawings on 11x17
paper (the portraits are 12x18). we've also looked at picasso's development
from his early realism through his cubism and into his other abstract
styles. now we are going to cut the photocopies up, rearrange the pieces in
an abstraction of the original, glue them to oak tag and reconnect the lines
with sharpees. i'm having the kids paint them in complementary colors using
watercolor. i think they're going to turn out beautifully but only a few
kids have gotten to the watercolor part yet.
linda in michigan

on 10/23/02 8:06 AM, robin phillips at robinmcp@hotmail.com wrote:

> I did a contour line drawing exercise (upside down)with my 6th graders. I
> used a line drawing of the Mona Lisa and they came out looking really neat -
> cubistic, kinda. Now I would love to have them do something else with them
> to add color, but I can't think of anything. I'll tie them in with a lesson
> on Braque and Picasso. Any ideas?

---