Re: advice on flipbooks?

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 12:52:40 PDT

In a message dated 10/23/02 8:44:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tlparker77@hotmail.com writes:

> Hi all!
>
> Has anyone got any advice or experience making flipbooks with middle school
>
> students? I'm referring to the small books that create an animated effect
> when the pages are ruffled. I'm trying to prepare a lesson and wanted to
> avoid too many problems. Thanks in advance for any insights you may be
> able
> to share.
>
> Theresa in WA

Hi Theresa,
One of the easiest things I do to get them to understand sequential movement
is to make a flip book using rubber stamps. I have a bunch and parents wo are
"into" rubber stamping are always happy to toss you their extras. have them
pick one and use it to move across the page horizontally, then vertically,
then diagonally, then spiraling. Then on the back they have to use
combinations.
Hope this helps
Peace
Gabrielle