Re: turkeys

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 20:19:51 PDT

Take a 4"x12" piece of brown paper and staple together to create a ring.
Have the students round off the corners of a 3"x5" rectangle (brown) for the
body and glue on one side. Add turkey features. Have them cut out feathers
out of colored paper and glue onto the other end. I can take a picture
tomorrow - I do these with my kinders to help them with fine motor skills
(cutting) and shape recognition. I use these as hats but they would look
good as centerpieces as well. I'll see what I can do about a photo.... :-)
~Michal

> Hi! Does anyone have any neat ideas for making turkey centerpieces, or
any
> Thanksgiving themed centerpiece idea? Here's the hard part, it needs to
be
> a fail-safe project for five year olds. The centerpieces will be used for
> parent night Thanksgiving dinner, so I want the centerpieces to look nice.

---