Re: Ideas for contour line sketch

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 18:32:54 PDT

Since you say they look kind of cubistic I am picturing possibly doing a
mixed media - markers, colored pencils, crayons, oil pastels, etc. To take
it a step further you could have them transfer their drawings onto a
linoleum block (or I use the foam stuff that looks like meat trays) and have
them print them. Make scratchboards and have them scratch out their
drawings.
~Michal

> Fellow Artsednetters:
> I did a contour line drawing exercise (upside down)with my 6th graders. I
> used a line drawing of the Mona Lisa and they came out looking really
neat -
> cubistic, kinda. Now I would love to have them do something else with
them
> to add color, but I can't think of anything. I'll tie them in with a
lesson
> on Braque and Picasso. Any ideas?
> Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Thanks.
> Robin in PA

---