Re: Andy Goldsworthy

---------

khein_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 09:25:08 PDT

It has been a while, but I did a successful lesson with highschoolers Andy Goldsworthy and the women of Kerala ( India). The women in Keral make huge temporary mandals out of flowers for a festival. Students viewed and discussed, compared and contrasted the two artforms. They were enthralled with Goldsworthy. We then used natural objects such as leaves,sticks, flowers,etc tocome up with our own natural, inpermanent mandalas.

Would like to do it with Middle school- Thanks for reminding me about it!
Kirstie in VA

>From: Jenna Freck <jennarations@attbi.com>

>Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 10:09:45 -0700

>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>

>Subject: Andy Goldsworthy
>

>Has anyone brought the techniques and philosophy of Andy Goldsworthy into

>the classroom? (Or taken the kids outside :-) ) I just saw his film

>"Rivers and Tides" and it was absolutely amazing.
>

>I too am reviewing our art budget and this made me think of his way - using

>found items in nature....and returning them to nature.
>

>Jenna in Alameda
>

>---

---