oil pastel resist

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 02:43:02 PDT

That was my lesson that was found in the archives. The bogus paper works
best because it is so absorbent. The concentrated dye just soaks right in
and stays dark and dramatic. It will not adhere as well to a paper that has
a smooth or more plate surface. I used powder Procion dye and made sure it
was a very concentrated solution. I used dark blue mixed with some black
but you could go with any color that will contrast with the oil pastels you
are using.
Marian

---