Aha! Surreal one-point

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (mtucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 20:19:29 PDT

After my whining and groaning a few weeks ago about one-point and 7th
graders, I finally figured a fun way to get my perspective across. We
reviewed surrealism, especially looking at Magritte and Dali's use of
perspective and the marriage of "unreal" and "real." We picked out the
themes of each. Students are taking a theme (say, distorted animals);
drawing the name of the theme in one point and illustrating a surreal
image. I haven't had to correct a thing, just stand back and watch them
connect their own dots. We'll color these completely in marker and
laminate them.

Thanks for listening to me whine. Ann C, if you're out there, you're an
inspiration to me. You go, girl!
Maggie Tucker

mtucker@nashville.com

---