Spanish for the non-speaker

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 14:29:28 PDT

Teresa,
    I am with you after the big "Dot" incident. I ask one of my six
graders how to say dot so I could tell everyone to put three dots of
paint on their paper. He pronouced the word in the correct way, I did
not. I said to them, "I guess I did not say 'dot'?" They nodded their
head in agreement. "Did, I say something that will get me sent to the
Principals office?" They all nodded their head yes, my most behavioral
challenged boy, told me that if I promised never to say it again, they
would not report me. You, know I could not get angry with him for the
rest of the school year, after that, he warmed my heart.
    Later that day, I found out what I did say, "Put three pimps in the
middle of your paper." Now I practice spanish out side the class before
I test drive them in class.
Ellen Silverman

---