Help ! Need short folk art intro for elementary!

---------

From: Beth Warner (bwarnersccf_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 06:41:37 PDT

Hello! I'm a parent/volunteer teacher for an
afterschool arts program at our elementary school.
We're planning a field trip on Oct. 26th to a local
art museum to view the Smithsonian Folk Art exhibit.
I'm looking for about 20 minutes of background info to
introduce the concept of Folk Art. Any ideas??
The class is held every tuesday after school, so the
lesson would be on the 22nd, just before the trip.

Many thanks from Beth in Indiana