Re: Blind contour drawing ideas

---------

From: V Moreira Komando (komandov_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 06:23:42 PDT

Hi,

I saw that in the past few days, lessons for blind contour / contour line was on the posts. I just completed a lesson with my 9th and 10th graders on this. We looked at Calder's wire sculptures after they had done shoes and faces in blind contour. They then did one more blind contour of themselves, which they used to make a wire contour sculpture. We put these through the printing press and created embossings. We were also learning about color theory, so they applied analogous color to sections of the embossings. They all came out very unique with a Matisse and Picasso flavor:) I hope to have these posted as my web page is redone with my new school info here in Tennessee.

~^~

Vivian

Increase the Peace ~^~

http://members.cox.net/artzheart