Re: Elementary Art Budget

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 04:39:15 PDT

> Paper is SO expensive. Paint is SO expensive. Glazes are SO expensive.
> I think everyone should receive at least 5.00 per child!!! Do they think
> we're magicians, or that we perform "loaves and fishes" shows in the art
> rooms?

I'm surprised that when art teachers aren't interviewed, they aren't asked
questions or more questions about purchasing art materials and what kind of
budget they would need? I mean...this is a process in and of itself, and we
are expected to do much often for the little offered. They don't really
seem to be in touch with any of it....

But...on the other hand, its amazing how things get jacked up in price
because they are "educational." One stinkin' text book for any other main
core subject ranges from $75 to $120...

Heck $50 is going to get you a pretty heavy nice art book at Barnes and
Nobles or Borders Books. Its all whacked out!

Larry S.

---