Re: need photo equipment distributer - URGENT!

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 13:21:22 PDT

Does anyone have a resource
>for everything from enlargers to chemicals etc. that I could contact to
>re-do my price quotes?

Deb,
If you are in the midwest, this company in Chicago has been very reliable.
They have good inventory and some good prices on paper. They are not
particularly couteous, but they are honest, and I get my stuff very
quickly. They are located on Wabash close to the Art Institute and
Columbia College. They are popular with college photo students in the
Chicago schools.

http://www.central-camera.com/
info@central-camera.com
800-421-1899
          Monday-Friday: 8:30am to 5:30pm (Central Standard Time)
          Saturday: 8:30am to 5:00pm (Central Standard Time)
          Local area codes, call 312-427-5580
FAX 312-427-1898

For a few items I have used Freestyle (with satisfaction).
The other photo teachers here tend to use Calumet for chemical items.

With the fast expansion and improvement of commercial digital photograhy,
some photographers can be convinced to donate their enlargers and darkroom
supplies to schools as a tax write off. Ebay prices are coming down on
good used cameras and lenses that use film.

Marvin Bartel

---