RE: music for egyptian unit?

---------

From: J+G Grant (jggrant_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 14:02:54 PDT

My student teacher has come up with an idea for Grade 3 students to make their own egyptian instrument - the name of which escapes me at the moment (sorry) but it is sort of like a rattle. She will get them to cut out a frame from plastic ice cream containers and then string fishing lines at different levels with bottle tops along them. As for the cave music, with my little ones I made a cave in which we all sat and I told them stories of how the first cave paintings were found, all to the sound of clapping sticks which I had whittled. They were mesmerised and wanted to have a go at them!
Gina
Melbourne
Australia

---