Re: hanger, pantyhose sculpture lesson

---------

From: Cindi Hiers (suwanneecrew_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 06:39:37 PDT

Mitchell, I use Arp and Moore to get the ball rolling.
I mention painting the sculptures after they have been
coated with latex (I show visuals from the overhead of
the nylon sculpture, yet have Moore and Arp up on the
wall---that way adding color is a subliminal message
they may or may not remember), but don't elaborate on
it untill we get to that part. It is my 21st century
twist, and my "teachable moment" when I go into my
stories on how the next generation of artists is them
and "what will the next movement be......". They enjoy
it, and so do I.
Cindi