Re: Andy Goldsworthy

---------

From: Jenna Freck (jennarations_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 19:49:23 PDT

> Patricia Banas wrote:
>> I am doing this right now with my advanced sculpture class. We have a
>> wetlands and large wooded area right behind our building- which is great.
>> The students are really enjoying it. They are either working alone or with 1
>> partner to create a sculpture of all natural materials( rocks, sticks,
>> leaves). I am following this up with a lesson on photography- as they will
>> photograph their piece and then display the photographs. Is the film "Rivers
>> and Tides" on video? Where did you see it?
>> Patty in ohio

Patty,
I saw the film at the Shattuck theatre here in Berkeley. It has been
playing in the SF Bay area at select locations ­ Marin, the City, and on the
peninsula also... Iıd imagine since it was made I think in 2000 that the
video would be available however Iım having a hard time finding it~! Iıve
tried a google search...if I find it Iıd buy it in a heartbeat!!!

That is awesome that you are following up with photography....that is the
only way Goldsworthyıs work is Œpreservedı...the film showed his studio with
slides of his pieces all over the place....fascinating stuff. :) Jenna

---