music for Egyptian unit?

---------

From: Connie (crobbins_brady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 18:44:15 PDT

Hi, checking back in with you all after an absence of a couple months. Please forgive if this is a topic covered recently...I didn't see it in the achives.
I am preparing a lesson for grades K-5 on Ancient Egyptian art, focusing on a brief overview of the art, architecture and culture, and spending more time on reliefs and hieroglyphics. I like to include music appropriate to the artist or culture when the students are working on the accompanying project. (we'll be making clay relief tablets) Does anyone have any suggestions about what MUSIC we should feature? And, where it might be available for purchase?
Thanks so much, I really value and appreciate Artsednet as a resource!
Connie (cbrady@mesa.k12.co.us)