RE: Andy Goldsworthy

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 15:39:00 PDT

HI Patty!
I have run an after school program with two colleagues for 6 years on the lesson with Goldsworthy. It is wonderful- we've had their work in the columbus museum of art for the last two years, spoken at about 5 or 6 conferences and published a small book at Kinko's showing their work for the past 5 years. If you have any questions, let me know. I collaborate with two science/LA teachers to do this and it's great! Our fall session is this coming week, as a matter of fact. We're talking about taking it to hocking hills this year and we're building a website soon......
jancy in ohio
 Patricia Banas
wrote:I am doing this right now with my advanced sculpture class. We have a
wetlands and large wooded area right behind our building- which is great.
The students are really enjoying it. They are either working alone or with 1
partner to create a sculpture of all natural materials( rocks, sticks,
leaves). I am following this up with a lesson on photography- as they will
photograph their piece and then display the photographs. Is the film "Rivers
and Tides" on video? Where did you see it?
Patty in ohio