Re: watercolor paint

---------

Wizzlewolf_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 15:17:14 PDT

In a message dated 10/7/02 5:06:14 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
Happypaintr@aol.com writes:

> Utrecht brand watercolors are pretty good, and usually less expensive. The
> only problem is that you can only get them from Utrecht(as far as I know,
at

> least.)

Utrecht is a great art supply distributor for discount supplies. However when
buying watercolor pigments, "you get what you pay for". One reason brands
such as Winsor Newton is known for its professional quality is because of the
purity and quanity of pigment (ratio of pigment to gum arabic vehicle) per
tube. Yes, you will pay more. However, if you are looking for a professional
quality paint, a brand such as Winsor Newton is the best bet.
wizzlewolf
Sheree Rensel
BFA, MFA, NBCT
<A HREF="http://www.wizzlewolf.com/rensel.html">Sheree Rensel - Artist</A>