Re: contour line sketch book ideas

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 14:48:38 PDT

I just finished something like that with my high schoolers. What I did with them
is after we discussed contour line, we did the hand thing, and the tool thing.
So I figured the next logical step was to have them do a small still life in
contour line only. This did two things for them. One, it lowered their level of
concern about doing a great big still life. Two, it gave them a chance to become
familiar with some of my still life objects. When I had them do the value still
life I incorporated the objects from the contour still life into it. The
pictures were amazing.
Michele in NYC