Re: artsednet digest: October 06, 2002

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 11:02:21 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
> I have them do their final drawings using bla
>k felt tip pens.
  If you use a water soluble pen, such as a Papermate FLAIR, they can use
a brush and water and get the ink to run to create shading after they
finish the contour - it is almost magic for a beginner to create the
subtle shadows. I did his with gesture contours for a beginning figure
lesson this year.

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---