Re: Elementary Art Budget

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (mtucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 05:14:19 PDT

Williamson County/Tennessee charges a fee for certain items, including art
supplies. The cap for the fee at this level is $65 per year, and we can't
enforce its collection. Out of the fee money teachers are supposed to get
workbooks, etc. I receive $10 per kid whose enrolled--that gives me a
really healthy budget, but also the reality that at any time my district
will be sued for inequitable funding. (Other schools in my district have
never been able to collect even 30 percent of fees from their student bodies.)

At 08:31 PM 10/6/02 +0800, you wrote:
 is this true of other states/districts?
>linda in michigan

Maggie Tucker