Re: Mavica and Memory Stick

---------

From: carolyn roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 03:19:39 PDT

Woody, now THAT camera sounds like a good one...using both. It will
certainly save time when you have to take a LOT of images and you don't want
to be changing disks constantly.

I have a digital video camera that also has a memory stick for still images.
I had never used it for still images, because I didn't want to hook up the
camera to the computer...and especially since I already have the Mavica that
uses the disks.

But...I recently had to purchase a new printer and I bought the HP
Photosmart with the slots for the memory sticks right in the printer. It is
great!
Carolyn Roberts

> I bought a 128 mg memory stick for my Mavica FD 200.
> It will take both Floppies and Memory Sticks. You download
> the pics via a USB cable after adding software to your
> computer. I used it for the first time at a school dance
> Friday night. I set it for the largest image size and got
> 141 pics with room left. The battery seemed to last longer
> with the memory stick and the recovery time between pics
> seemed shorter. With several students using the camera
> the floppies are still best but I was impressed by the
> memory stick. At the normal (smallest) image size I'm
> sure I could get over 500 pics.

---