Re: Elementary Art Budget

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 18:56:28 PDT

I teach in a public school. All our area public schools have supply lists
that are distributed at enrollment (grade school) and middle school/high
school get their supply lists from individual teachers on their first day of
school. Wal-Mart has the supply lists of each school as well. I paid $55
this year for textbook rentals, $30 for workbooks, and $23 for classroom
fees for my freshman son. Then I went to Wal-Mart and wrote a check for $75
for classroom supplies for him, and THEN we went clothes shopping. And STILL
our state cannot seem to adequately fund our schools. :-(
~Michal

> michal, is your school public or private? in michigan we (public schools)
> are not allowed to "charge" students to bring in supplies. everything must
> be provided by the district. is this true of other states/districts?
> linda in michigan

---