Re: Andy Goldsworthy

---------

From: Sandy (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 18:00:01 PDT

Jenna,

I attended a workshop presented by a middle school teacher who worked with the
science and resource teachers in her building to not only study and do their
own Goldsworthy art thing, but to learn about the creek area where they
created their artwork. They incorporated tons of science and writing along
with their art. The work was absolutely incredible. It became acommunity
service project, also, because they cleaned up the neglected creek area and the
newspaper came to photograph their work and people from the community came to
visit the changing art exhibits and new beautiful retreat!

Sandy

Jenna Freck wrote:

> Has anyone brought the techniques and philosophy of Andy Goldsworthy into
> the classroom? (Or taken the kids outside :-) ) I just saw his film
> "Rivers and Tides" and it was absolutely amazing.

---