Re: Summer (or other vacation-time) workshops?

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 15:28:40 PDT

In a message dated 10/05/2002 4:10:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
menichino@infoblvd.net writes:

> I've always wanted to attend a studio-type workshop and now I believe I
> finally have the opportunity (kids in college!). Have any of you ever
> attended a summer workshop that you think was well worth the time? I'd be
> interested specifically in pastels or calligraphy, and prefer something in
> the northeast U.S. --

Absolutely consider Art New England (sponsored by Mass. College of Art). It's
an artist's haven!!!!!!!!!! The week-long classes are top notch, and the
setting on the campus of Bennington College in the mountains of Vermont will
put a lump in your throat as to the beauty of the surroundings! The only
scenes that rival the setting of Bennington College, is the mountain town of
Ravello in Italy. Trust me, I get around a lot so I have a pretty good frame
of reference. Art New England, if you are looking into the Northeast, is the
way to go! This past summer I took Experimental Painting and enjoyed meeting
so many wonderful people who also felt as I did! I would like to go back
this summer (if I don't go to China). Perhaps if you go the same week, I can
pick you up at the airport on the way! Look on the Art New England website
for more info as they give different courses each week of summer.
Susan on Long Island

---