Jewelry

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 14:20:54 PDT

Helo- I'm looking for some ideas here. I'm new to teaching High School
art. I think that my students would really enjoy jewelry elecive art
classes. The others in my department feel that we could only offer
jewelrymaking if we had real metalsmithing equiptment- torches, casting
equiptment etc. I'm thinking that I could offer a semester class using
beads, polymer clay, pliars, saws, low tech stuff and then hopefully
work up to more traditional metalsmithing equiptment. Does anyone on
the list have any experience with this? Any lessons, things that have
worked well or not? If it matters, we're one of those very urban High
Schools, trying to keep students here until graduation.Thanks in
advance for your help.Gabrielle

---