Re: Wetcanvas.com

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 06:39:00 PDT

Larry, I remember (last spring???) you sharing the Wetcanvas link. Around
this time you had posted your student's work and other members of wetcanvas
were critiquing their work. I was so impressed with the sensitivity these
adults used when critiquing your budding artist's work. Since we all know
that we, as teachers, can say something 500 times, but the second they see
it on film or hear it from a stranger then they will believe it! :-) So this
method of having others outside the classroom offer comments on a student
artwork can do nothing but benefit the kids.
~Michal

> Its important while we are teaching our kids not only to spend time
pursuing
> examples of these "best" you speak of...but recognizing our own kids are
> starting out. Giving them courage, inspiration and showing that even
adults
> need such. Yes, there are many beginners and intermediates there. The
> criteria is easy for others to join. Its a community.

---