RE: Whacky yet good observation/evaluation

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 05:33:51 PDT

> Bruce, Read this. An art teacher was being observed and listen
> to the reply of the observing administrator when a kid asked him
> who he was and why he was there. Renee

Not know what might have been picked up from what I wrote of the
incident...just want to clarify- of course....the moment can't really be
represented here...but knowing this young man as I do...they got it as a
joke right off, and all did have a good laugh. It was one of those
"winking" moments and was intended to be light hearted. Many know that
others assume the worse in kids...(as well as the kids knowing how many feel
about them) and the way he said it showed he was only kidding.

The guy showed after all that he understood kids and that mayhem did not
necessarily mean disorder in the context of the activity of an art room. He
more or less made fun of adults that don't get it! It kinda throws kids off
after all to have some well dressed stranger walk in unannounced to sit in a
back of a room.

Larry S.

---