RE: Keith Haring

---------

From: Rebecca Stone-Danahy (RebeccaStoneDanahy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 11:41:53 PDT

I agree with you Robert (and maybe the original posting is being
interpreted out of context?). I find more and more that it is necessary
to teach thinking and problem-solving skills. If I let students think
that running in and creating is art then I will have sent the wrong
message. I constantly tell my students that "good art is planned, it
doesn't just happen". Now I know that is not always the case 100% of
the time, however, I do not believe that I could get good results if I
didn't make the students plan and think through their project work.

My 2 cents,
Becky in NC