math and art

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 02:36:05 PDT

We are using math in Drawing and Painting classes by learning how to
measure/sight size relationships. We sight the parts within a given form
and then we sight relationships between multiple forms. We started with
cylindrical forms--today we are moving to boxes where we will be sighting
angles. There is a ton of math involved in this. With some practice, most
stidents do well. It is difficult at first but then they "get it"-- kind of
an aha moment and the drawings are better than what they thought they could
do.
Marian

---