RE: painted metal trash cans

---------

From: Melissa (meemo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 20:56:55 PDT

Definately sand, and prime.

Melissa Chaney
Ray-pec High School
Raymore Peculiar Schools, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: artappeal [mailto:artappeal@attbi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 8:24 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: painted metal trash cans

Hi. I asked about this before, but I have more questions. I now have the
cans, and they are already painted with a glossy paint. My principal says
since they are already primed, I can sand them a bit, then paint over top.
I was thinking I should sand, paint with white or primer, then paint the
design. What do you think? Also, could I paint with acrylic then a top
coat, would that last? Thanks for any and all advice.

Sincerely,
Leah