Matting delima . . .help!?

---------

From: brenda robson (bruthrobson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 19:44:19 PDT

I have done a large (1/2 sheet of poster board size) project with my 6th
graders. It is a collage of tissue paper with mountains and a silouette
of a black tree cut out of const. paper in the foreground.
My problem is that I have always done this in a small school. Now I have
66 6th graders and I can't afford to put a black frame around them all.
But it really looks fantastic with the matting because it ties in the
black tree. The pieces are kind of warped too from all that starch and
the matt smoothes the look.
Is there a way anyone can think of to have a black border that would look
ok?
I just know someone out there can help me, I need to put them up next
week.

I thought about stapeling it to a large piece of black paper but that may
look tacky. Someone mentioned laminating but I think that would take
forever Any opinions?
Brenda

---