painted metal trash cans

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 18:23:38 PDT

Hi. I asked about this before, but I have more questions. I now have the
cans, and they are already painted with a glossy paint. My principal says
since they are already primed, I can sand them a bit, then paint over top.
I was thinking I should sand, paint with white or primer, then paint the
design. What do you think? Also, could I paint with acrylic then a top
coat, would that last? Thanks for any and all advice.

Sincerely,
Leah

---