Re: Crayola Metallic pencils

---------

From: artlady1 (artlady1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 17:48:04 PDT

-------

Would we be able to use tin foil in place of tooling foil?

Tin foil will not hold your texture lines like tooling foil will. We took a
long time discussing different kinds of texture involving both lines and
shapes. After they drew the lines on the foil we then took time to
embossing in some areas of the design. Embossing really makes the texture
pop, both to the touch and to the eye. I wouldn't recommend substituting
tin foil for the tooling foil. The tooling foil also gives you some options
with color...copper, silver and gold. It may even come in more colors but
those are the ones we've used over the years.
Teresa
Twin Chimneys Elementary...O'Fallon, MO

picture