Re: Picasso

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 16:31:15 PDT

I used Ken's idea last year (based on a conversation we'd had before)
and the results were great. Some of these self-portraits revealed a lot
about the student's self, or sense of self. One even won a blue ribbon
at a regional HS show.

Ken, you've got to get your Web site up and running so everyone can see
this stuff!

Maggie

Ken Schwab <Bicyclken@aol.com> wrote:

> You can try this, Have them make outline sketches of the portraits you want to use. This can be a good way to show proportions
> but even if they are crude so much the better. By using a pair of scissors cut them up in vertical and horizontal lines. Use a ruler to
> keep the lines straight. Take the squares and reassemble them to make the face again. Slightly shift the pieces up and down to
> distort the image and tape together with clear tape so that they are all one piece again. Graphite the back and transfer to paper and
> make a continuation of the shapes and lines after it is assembled.

---